How is it even possible that it is already August? I just can’t get over how fast this summer has flown by. My parents weren’t lying when they said, “the older you get, the faster time flies”. It’s crazy to think that in less than a month I will be moving to Atlanta and starting my internship with fab’rik (FINALLY!).
So, with the start of a new month I decided to round up my top five favorite products and fashion pieces for the month of July.
1. Coola BB+ Cream: This product is great in the summertime! It’s a great light replacement for foundation. It has about medium coverage and it feels as if you aren’t even wearing makeup. Another great thing about this product is that it also has SPF 30, so its great to use as a face sunscreen at the beach or the pool.
2. Neckerchiefs: This is such a fun new way to accessorize an outfit. It’s the perfect way to spice/shake things up with an outfit that’s too plain. You can find neckerchiefs in so many different shapes, sizes, and colors. These two in particular are no longer available but I linked to similar products here and here.
3. Matrix Brass Off Shampoo: This is the holy grail of shampoos if you bleach your hair. I have tried other purple shampoos to eliminate the brassy tones in my hair in between salon visits, but none of them quite got the job done. This product is seriously amazing at maintaining your blonde in between visits, it even holds your ash undertones. To use this product you should shampoo like normal and then after allow it to sit in your hair for 2-3 minutes; it will then work as if your using an actual toner on your hair.
4. Retro Sunglasses: How can these not be a favorite? They are so much fun and are a great way to add a little extra bang to your outfit. While the colored lensed glasses aren’t the most practical on a sunny day, they are such a fun twist on the classic aviators. They are the perfect accessory for a music festival, you can where them through the day and night. The white oval sunglasses are my favorite to pair with cute swimsuit on a beach day. I am trying to slowly grow my sunglasses collection throughout the summer.
5. L’Oréal Air Dry It Wave Swept Spray: I am extremely low maintenance in the summer when it comes to my hair. I have naturally textured hair, so this time of year I style my hair by towel drying my hair and then I put a few spritz of this product in. It helps eliminate the frizz and creates more texture. I mean who actually wants to take the time to blow dry and style their hair in the summer? Not me!
What are some of your current favorite products?